So the first project we had when we got back was to tackle Nolan's room which started out like this:
I love this room for his nursery b/c it has GREAT natural light all day long and feels warm and cheery- just like he is! Jon and I had laid out an idea of what we were thinking back when we were nesting, so we knew just what we needed. Thankfully, Jon's brother was able to help us paint (that's hard to do with a baby). We also had our friend Eric Powers help Jon with the chair rail in the room. It was a group project which filled the room with love and it has turned out just perfect!
I didn't get any pictures of Ryan painting (sorry Ry) but here's the room with the painting done and Eric and Jon working on the white chair rail:
Eric's wife Nikki and their two kiddos came to hang out with Nolan and I while they worked. It was great!
The finished project:
Jon's parents bought our crib for us which is absolutely beautiful! His dad came and helped Jon put it together as soon as the room was finished. Here's Nolan checking it out:
Grandpa Hughes and Nolan
The crib
Yesterday we go the rest of the furniture. The lighting is not good in these pictures but it was dark by the time we got around to taking the pics. There is still nothing on the walls so it looks somewhat bare, but you can get the idea!
Thanks so much to everyone who helped! It is just what we wanted for our little guy! Now..... if I could just work up the will power to put him in there!! :)
Yesterday we went to visit Chris, Eva, and Stella at home. We took them happy hour shakes from Steak N Shake (O, how we've missed that place) and got to introduce them to Nolan for the first time.
Nolan and Stella meeting- love at first sight!
Beautiful Stella
Well, that's what has consumed the beginning half of our week.
Love- J&H

1 comment:
I love the room! Great job, and awesome colors!
Post a Comment