Friday, August 20, 2010

Home for Fair- And Sad Goodbyes

It has been a busy time for the Hughes family these past few weeks. To start, last Monday I ended up having surgery to repair the damage done from birthing as things were not healing properly and I was having a lot of pain. The procedure itself was fairly simple but I had to have a spinal block and be on lots of pain meds so I stayed over night. Thankfully, they put me in the women's tower, so I was able to have Jon and Nolan with me overnight. Praise God I didn't have to miss a single feeding and none of the meds were harmful for Nolan! My mom and Izabel also came as support for Jon and to help me when he had to go back to work. So, now I have to have another 6 weeks of healing and then physical therapy. I never knew such a thing existed for muscles in that area!! All I know- is I hope it works! My doctor did say there is a chance that I will not be able to have another vaginal delivery again which I am upset about. But, it's not a definite and I don't need to be worrying about that now! I am feeling much better this week as far as the deep pain and I'm still taking meds for some of the superficial pain that is left. Hopefully we'll be all healed up soon. I'm dying to take a good, long, walk and to do a sit up!

Here is a picture the morning of the surgery

As I mentioned before, my mom and Izzie came and stayed until Thursday and then that afternoon we all headed to Ogallala for our last weekend home, which happened to also be our county fair. Last year Jon and I won 1st place in the Back Seat Drivers competition. We were excited to compete again but hopping in and out of a trailer probably wouldn't have complied with my doctor's orders!

Here's Nolan getting ready to go- just a few days shy of 2 months
Izabel got a new best friend last week. This is her puppy Bailey, who is a Maltese. They are quite a pair and Izzie just carries the puppy around in her arm everywhere she goes! Miloh wasn't too sure about this new friend, but after a few days, they were having so much fun. Were beginning to wonder if he might benefit from a permanent friend of his own. Sounds like too much work right now though!

Izzie and Bailey
Grandma Mays and Nolan- Im so thankful my mom has gotten to spend a lot of time with him before the move!
We were able to go to quite a few events at the fair. Nolan is such a trooper and seems to love being out and about as much as we do. It's been fun for so many people from my home town to get to meet Nolan!

Checking out the rabbits



Jon always gets picked to be the rider with Izzie at the carnival. Ha. They have so much fun though! They rode 3 nights in a row!
My Grandpa got to see us several days that we were there too. He always wants to hold Nolan but never for longer than 30 seconds. He just gets a quick squeeze and that's good. :) He's pretty thrilled about him though!
Bailey taking a break
Nolan reading one of his big sister's books. He was actually quite focused. It was about dinosaurs though.... he's all boy!
Our family of 4
My dad had to work the 4h sale so we went and watched. We thought this was pretty funny. The pig did look cute though!
Snoozing in the summer sun!
This night was so fun b/c it was the cutest outfit I have seen Nolan in yet. He had to get all decked out in his cowboy gear for his first rodeo!

Tipping his hat to you all...
My blue eyed boy
These boots are so adorable. I forgot the spurs that he has too!
Too cute!!




Here's Nolan in his preppy outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Hughes which is also so adorable!
Saying bye to Grandpa Mays- it's pretty tough to think he won't get to see him again until Christmas! :(
Sunday afternoon we went to the parade and Nolan LOVED it! He just sat in my lap like a good baby and watched it all go by. It was a cool, cloudy, afternoon. Perfect for a summer parade!


Sleeping like his dad
Can you tell which ones are really asleep?!?
Saying goodbye to Izabel. That was pretty rough too! She is so good to him and he is very aware of her voice and when she's holding him. They'll be best buds soon enough!
On our way back to Lincoln we stopped in North Platte to say goodbye to my aunt and uncle and cousins. They have always been very close so it was hard for them to say goodbye too!

Derek, Nolan, and Ian
And- we finally made it home. Time for some R&R.
Jon and I feel so blessed to have had this year in Nebraska with our family and friends. We've made so many new friends along the way too! I have such mixed emotions about our return to Indiana, but all that matters is that we follow God's call for us- and right now that appears to be in Indiana. Please pray for our direction, for Jon's new job, and for our hearts as we say goodbye to our family and friends here and open our hearts to our friends and family in Indiana. What a year!!

3 comments:

Krismisstree said...

Oh Heather, what a rough go you have had physically these past few months!! Thank you for posting as often as you do-- you put me to shame :) Hoping all goes well with the move and transition and all that. We will be praying!

Hughes' said...

Thanks Kristen! We appreciate your prayers so much and thanks for caring enough to keep up and comment too! :)

The Shusters said...

Nolan is so precious!! I hope you guys are doing well!