Friday, August 12, 2011

Projects! And More Nolan!

So here is the post where I have to talk about what a huge blessing my mom was while she was here. We always love to have a project to tackle and this was a good sized one! No one was injured too terribly and we finished- so we'll call it a success! :)

It all started because Jon surprised me with the best anniversary present! He hired California Closets to come and design a custom space in our master closet. The closet is a really good size closet but was completely non-functional because there were no drawers or really anything but hanging space. So- since our closet was going to be so fancy, I really wanted to redo the bedroom and bathroom that we had been talking about doing for quite a while. I always said- if we re paint this bedroom, we need to hire it. Well- Vanessa Mays and Jon Hughes are cheap labor- fix them dinner and they are happy! :)

Here's the start of the bedroom project
Lots of high spaces!
And the finished project- we'll continue to add yellow accent around the room as I find things I like.
The bathroom before was terrible! It was gold with a very "different" texture on the walls. I was so glad to get this changed!!
After- the light makes it hard to see the color but it's the medium shade of gray from the bedroom. We also added the shelving unit
And the best part!! Our new closet!!


We love it!!!!

And now for a few pictures of Nolan!
We installed a ceiling fan in his room last weekend and he was quite the helper. That afternoon daddy got him his own tool set. Here he is with the safety glasses! :)

And here's an update on how things are going with breaking Nolan from the pacifier!!
And this was so sweet- his daddy left him a note in his chair for him when he came to breakfast. Jon was gone a lot this week so they were missing each other. He really loved getting this letter! :)

No comments: