Monday, September 27, 2010

Pumpkin Show 2010 & Louisville

Fall has arrived and we've been taking part in lots of fall stuff. I am excited for fall, but not at the same time- just because I know what it brings..... snow, ice, and cold. Which means a more difficult time getting out with Nolan. We'll just have to find lots of fun activities for home! Here's some pix from our fall activities:

The last visitor of summer:
Mommy's Attention Hog!!
I wouldn't have it any other way! Look at that sweet little guy!
A close up of our growing boy!
A couple weekends ago we got together with our friends to celebrate Hailey Powers first bday. It was lots of fun! Here's my boys at the party:
The bday girl!
Nolan liking Eric- this was the 3rd attempt- but successful at last!! :)
Nolan has just about mastered the Bumbo- he can only sit about 5-10 minutes without getting wobbly, but it is a huge help for me to have a new place to sit him where he can see me while I do some things around the house.
See how LONG I am!
Nolan has discovered a love for bouncy seats- we're going to have to get him one! We visited a good friend of mine from grad school last week and her 3 girls. She is one good, efficient mom! With 3.... you have to be!!
All the kiddos
Nolan looking good in blue!
This is a funny picture but it is the first time I looked at a picture and saw an image of myself in him! My parents agreed!
O I love those cheeks!!

This past weekend we drove to southern Indiana to see Jon's grandparents and aunt and uncle and to attend the annual Pumpkin Show. We got to see Aunt Sis and Fred Friday evening and Nolan had a gay old time laughing with his Aunt Sis! He also loves his Great Grandma who makes him laugh a lot!! It's pretty sweet!

Bundled up for the cool fall morning
A quiet moment for mom and dad
Watching the parade
Sooo cute
Nolan loves to hang out with his dad in the carrier now that he can face forward. It seems like just yesterday I had him swaddled in the Moby Wrap as he slept through everything! He's growing so fast!
Loving his Great Grandma
A quick family photo
Great Grandpa and his pumpkins- he won third this year and his pumpkin was just over 500 lbs!

Great Grandpa and Nolan
A blurry picture- but I just had to show how animated he is getting!
Saturday afternoon after getting our yearly dose of pulled pork, corn on the cob, and an elephant ear, we headed further south to Louisville, KY to see our friends Andy and Megan and to celebrate Hadley's 2nd bday!! It is so great to have them so close and we had such a great weekend!

The bday girl with her monkey themed hat:
The cake Megan made!!
Nolan and Joni meeting for the first time
Hanging out wit Joni

The crazy thing is that everyone in the picture below is from Laramie and they all live in Louisville now (except us). It was fun to have a little Laramie Valley Chapel reunion!
Back: Hughes', Katelyn Barlow (not her child)
Front: Andy and Emerson Barlow, Hubers, Candice Rose, and Lisa and Jeremiah Hutchison
The cute family
Hadley loving one of her new books
Joni

It is so weird to have us all together with 3 kiddos now!! For those who don't know the Hubers- Andy and Jon were roomates in college and Megan and I were as well!

Hadley is a BIG helper!




We have had a great past few weeks! Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Jon's work is going great and I am starting to learn how to keep us busy during the long days! Also, I am starting to feel much better and think we might have everything back to normal within a few days. Can you believe it's taken 3 1/2 months for me to feel normal agan!?!?! Thanks for everyone's prayers! Love- J,H,N ,and M

2 comments:

Krismisstree said...

This is silly to say, but Heather, your hair looks FABULOUS. I don't know how you manage to look so great when you supposedly haven't felt well :) Nobody would guess! I pray that you truly are recovered!!! Miss you,
Kristen

Hughes' said...

That was sweet Kristin! I appreciate your prayers and pray I am truly on the mend! Miss you guys too!