Monday, October 4, 2010

A growing Nolan

I truly feel like Nolan is no longer an infant but a growing baby now. I find myself adding new "Nolan's 1st..." remarks on his calendar daily! He is such a bundle of smiles and fun and I feel so blessed to be his mom! He makes me smile so much!

I've made a goal to get out and do something once a day- for our sanity! This is going to become much harder once the winter arrives. This week we had a great time of fellowship with my dear friend Eva and her little girl Stella (see pic further down). We went on a much needed walk to enjoy the beautiful fall weather. It was a bit long for Nolan... but he survived! :)

Eva and Stella
Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures during the week this time. We also went to a fun play date with 3 other moms this week. As mentioned before, at this age, the play dates are completely more for the MOMS than the KIDS! It was a great visit and just nice to get out! I missed my mom's group at church this week due to a temperamental Nolan. He has not been sleeping through the night anymore. He wakes himself up enough to want his pacifier and a hand to hold to fall back asleep. It's pretty wearing, so we decided to let him cry it out and it was 2 hours of SCREAMING!! Needless to say, 9 o'clock came way too early and we spent most of the day in our jammies. And.... Nolan is still waking several times a night. We'll get it figured out eventually!

We also got to keep a good friends little girl for a couple hours this week. It was a good practice run as I am going to start watching Stella 3 days a week, every other week. I know it will be a challenge at times, but I feel blessed that God can use me to serve Chris & Eva and Stella too! She is such a sweetie anyway! I also think it will be good for Nolan to have a playmate and to learn to be a little more independent. It might also help prepare him for when I go back to work after the holidays!

I'm a keeper!!

Friday afternoon Nolan took Miloh for a walk with dad! :) He is really starting to notice Miloh now and flashes him a smile every once in a while!
Friday evening we had a yummy dinner with our friends the Milligans who we will be starting a small group with. It was a great time and their boys are sooo adorable! We look forward to many more nights of fellowship with them.

Here Nolan is trying out one of the boys' dragon costumes:
Noah & Jacob- we didn't get a picture of Harry before he went to bed!
And now.... 2 minutes in the life of Nolan:

"Whoa.....this sitting up thing is tricky"
"Aaaah.... Now I got it"
"Alright guys.... take a few more..."
"Uh O- here I go again"
" A little help please..."
"Maybe if I make a straight face I won't fall"
"O- maybe you have to put your finger up..."
" Aaah...I think I've got it now"
"Okay guys.... seriously.... that's enough!"
"Now a hat...."
"Alright.....I like the hat"
Saturday we spent the day shopping and Nolan loved being out and about. He is such a good baby! Saturday evening we celebrated Chris Taylor's bday (Stella's dad) and had a great time with everyone!
A family pic
Here's Nolan with Stella...who is not liking him! Ha!
And now Nolan's not too sure!
Sunday Nolan went to spend a few hours with his Grandma and Grandpa Hughes while mom and dad cleaned the house. It's sad when your date time is cleaning the house! :)

These pictures are for Grandpa Mays & Grandpa Hughes:

"I love my Grandpa!"
"Well.... I do!"
And now to the start of our week.... Nolan is LOVE, LOVE, LOVING this jumperoo!
His feet don't even touch yet!

And lastly.... bath and story time with daddy. Nothing sweeter!

I'm so thankful for blogs. It makes me journal this precious time! Hope you enjoy it too! Love- J,H,N,&M

No comments: