Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 Months & More

Our little guy is officially 3 months today! I told Jon- I can't believe it's been 3 months, but at the same time, I can't believe he's only been in our lives 3 months, b/c he just fits, like he's always been there! He is such a special guy! He reaches and grabs for his toys now, has almost mastered holding his head up enough to sit in his bumbo, loves to hear himself talk and will take turns making noises with us, loves bath time and being naked, loves ceiling fans (especially from 2am to 4am!!!) and loves the people around him! Being the proud momma I am, I have to say that I am proud of how he will sit and listen to his Bible story each morning and pray with us, he has started taking naps in his big boy bed this week, and he is so much more aware of what is going on these days!

Nolan at 3 months old:
The way Nolan wanted to take the picture! :)
We are starting to get the hang of daddy being gone all day. Last week was hard with Nolan being sick and having an ear infection and then mom catching it too! Friday evening could not come quick enough for any of us!! Nolan was thrilled to have his daddy to play with all weekend, and mom was thrilled for the help, and his company too!! :)

We spent a lot of time resting and healing and a lot of time watching football games. I now have a new found appreciation for Colts games- it gives me 4 hours where Jon will sit and hold Nolan and play with him without feeling guilty for not helping me- which means I can get quite a bit accomplished!! Love it!

Here's Nolan in his Husker gear. We won't let him forget where he came from:

It was such a beautiful weekend that we decided some fresh air might do us some good, so we went for a walk at the Covered Bridge Trail. Nolan can now sit up in the stroller, so he loves our walks!

Monday Nolan and I had our first play date. Jessica and Aleah Miller (friends from our small group) came by for a visit. Nolan was asleep for most of it (ha), but we still had fun. Here's a snapshot when he was awake!
Uncle Ryan came to town on Monday to spend a few days before he leaves for Georgia (the country) for the next 10 months.

Nolan is always the center of the party:

I'm in my 6 mo outfits now!!
Today we got invited to lunch with the family. Nolan was so chill and had a great time getting to sit outside and visit. Here are some pics with everybody:


My handsome guy
What I'm doing while Mommy posts this blog
So- that's what has been going on around here. Throughout the day, I think of things I want to blog about how different things are with the craziness of raising an infant. For example, Sunday, when I was cleaning the house, I passed a tube of chapstick several times as I took things back to where they belong. Each time I thought to myself, "Gosh, I really need some chapstick. Next time I pass, I'll stop and get some." Well, TWO days later I was laying in bed telling Jon about this and how I had YET to put chapstick on!! The sweet part of the story is- the next morning Jon came in to kiss me goodbye for the day (I was half asleep) and after kissing me he said "Rub your lips together". He had gone and slathered his lips with chapstick so I could finally get some of that delicious stuff on my lips! I guess when you're a mom, things get done.... just a bit different then how they did before. And.... when you're parents- your methods of being romantic get even more creative!! And I LOVE it! Until next time..... J,H,N, & M

3 comments:

The Ennists said...

He is getting so big! And I love Jon's creative romanticism:-) You guys were made to be parents!

Andy and Megan said...

He is such a cutie and in a couple of those reminds me of Jo. Can't wait to see you guys and get to meet him!

kt said...

loved the pics! Nolan is such a handsome little guy! Glad you are enjoying motherhood...it is a wonderful blessing from God!