Sunday, May 31, 2009

Study, Study, Study


The Clamatus blooming in our front yard 

For some reason there always seems to be a pictures of me sleeping in our selection- I just thought this was cute b/c of Miloh
Last weekend we purchased this desk from a friend of Jon's mom. She gave us a great deal and we love it! We feel much more organized now.

Sorry it's been a while since our last post. We either haven't been doing much exciting or we haven't had the camera around much. Jon is keeping busy finishing up with law review and then studying for the bar. He has a class everyday from 9-12:30 and he even has it on the weekends a few times a month. This will go until July and then he'll be on his own until the test July 28th. It's all quite overwhelming for him, so I know he would really appreciate your prayers! I've been busy with school. Since the semester is only 10 weeks, they cram a lot of stuff in. 

Jon and I still play softball once a week and we have small group at our house every Wednesday. The weeks are really flying by and we are torn about whether to be excited for the big move or sad about everyone we're leaving behind. The truth is, we have been drenched in God's peace about the entire thing and we ARE excited about how God will use us. 

We've been spending a lot of time with some of our friends that are also moving soon. They were just here temporarily to raise support- they are missionaries with NMSI. They have been so encouraging to Jon and I and we are really going to miss them. We've also been able to do some fun things with everyone from small group, BBQ's, pedicures, etc. Oh.... I love summer!

Hope you enjoyed the few pictures we had and we hope you're all having a great beginning to the summer as well!

2 comments:

kt said...

Yeah a post! I get so excited when I see on my blogroll a new post from the Hughes'!
Your Clamatus looks really cool growing up your lamp post. And your new desk is awesome!
Oh, and I am excited for your move too! ;)
love ya,
kt

The Shusters said...

Hey Heather! How are you? How are things going for you and Jon? Things are going so well for Micah and I! I'm still in Laramie finishing up a social work degree! I will hopefully be done in August! I know this is kind of random, but I just want to tell you thanks for kind of taking me under your wing my freshmen year. You taught me a lot and I have had the opportunity to reach out to some Freshmen this year because of your example! For FCA Leadership this year we have talked a lot about discipleship, and teaching one to be a disciple, and it made me realize what a good example you were!! So thank you so much! I am so thankful the Lord used you in my life! I hope everything is going well for you and that you are encouraged today!