Monday, April 13, 2009

I know!!!

I know! I'm in big trouble! I can't believe I've gone a whole month without posting. I guess all of the excitement from spring break wore us out. We've been so boring lately! We've been trying to keep up with homework and have been spending a lot of time finishing up projects for the semester. Jon has his very last class ever a week from today! Can you believe the 3 years are over!?!?! I'm so proud of him. I have my last final on May 4th and then we're done! Until the 11th of May that is- time to study for the bar and time for summer semester for me! Ooooo it never ends. 

We did have one interesting thing happen between our last post. It's not quite as fun as the "whitey tightey" story ha! but it was pretty dramatic. Last Friday Jon had been complaining that he was freezing all day and also complaining of some pain in the "chest" area. We decided to go and jump in his parents hot tub to get warmed up and after 20 minutes in, Jon could barely hold himself up to get out of the hot tub. He was shivering and felt faint. I figured he'd just been in too long. Once his temp reached 102, I told him to get in a cold shower and as we were getting it ready, I noticed large red bumps all over him. After a quick chat with the on call doc we were headed to the ER. It turned out he was having a reaction to a bacteria in the hot tub that attacks the hair follicle causing red bumps, fever, headache, and breast tenderness! WEIRD!! We didn't leave the ER until 1am and had quite an interesting evening. After an antibiotic and loads of tylenol he was feeling much better. Now we can check 2 things off the newlyweds list.... fight off robber entering house and first trip to the ER. :)

Over the past few weekends we've had fun hanging out with people from small group. Dinner, movies, games, etc. It's really starting to set in that August is only 4 months away and we're really going to miss everyone. We are so excited to be close to everyone else though. 

Here are the few pictures that we have taken over the past month:

HAPPY EASTER!!

I went to a "comedy and chocolate" night with most of the girls from small group. It was Eva's birthday (front)- so we helped her celebrate!
We've also taken on some major landscaping projects the last few weekends (this has not helped with homework!) The first few pictures are from our attempt to clean out the back part of our yard. It's technically not even our property, but this area lines our yard and it is just full of weeds and junk. Before:

The pile of poison ivy- my 5 spots finally went away!
10 hours and 16 trash bags later:
The second project was in the front- we pulled out a few plants we didn't like that were here from before and then put down new black mulch. I've decided that I love to mulch! It looks so crisp when it's all finished. Here's the front...
Our front flower bed from before with the brown mulch:
Pic to show what a difference the black mulch makes:
Ta Da...
This is back to the back yard. We planted close to 15 grasses along the grass line. These will grow pretty tall and provide us some natural privacy.
And the major project- a new flower bed- all inspired by a stupid white swan!!!! This utility box is shared between us and our neighbors. It's not the most attractive thing to have in your front yard and why someone would want to put an ugly fake swan on top of it is beyond me, but we've had enough! Hence..... the new flower bed:
We pulled up all this sod by hand- it was terrible! We planted more grasses here that will grow tall to hide this box.
And the final product- swan is still there- but in a matter of a month, it will no longer be part of our view. Hooray!


And last but not least- a few funny pictures of my Easter boys. Jon being Jon. :)
Some birds that are nesting in Bill and Dale's deck
And our bunny- Miloh- he hated me for putting these on him, even if it was only for a 2 second picture!
Jon on the other hand, didn't seem to mind! :)

Well..... that's all for now. We've got a few busy weekends of end of the year banquets, a weekend at grandma and grandpa Hughes', and then graduation! My family will be here and we cannot wait! I promise I won't let myself waste away for as long this time. Love- J&H

1 comment:

kt said...

FINALLY a post! just kidding, i know you guys are busy! i am super excited for you Jon! only a week of classes to go...where did the 3 years go?
We miss you guys!
love ya,
kt