We've returned from our whirl wind of a weekend- but a fun whirl wind at that. We left Thursday afternoon and drove the 10 hours to Lincoln and got in just about 15 minutes after my family did. We had one excited girl waiting to see us!
We felt bad that we were so busy while we were there, but my mom, my aunt and Izzie said they were along for the ride and it was great having their support. I had 3 interviews on Friday and they all went really well. It looks like I shouldn't have any problems finding an internship. Jon got to meet with the judge and have lunch with his soon to be co-workers. It was really good for him to touch base with them and he is even more excited now. We also had the opportunity to look at a few apartments and I think we even figured out what were going to do for that as well. In conclusion, it was a really productive weekend and we are really excited about coming Nebraskans for a year!
We also had some fun! We went shopping and took Izzie to Chucky Cheese. We swam a few times and we even got a few "grown up" conversations in with my mom and my aunt. Here are a few pictures. I feel terrible that I didn't even get a picture with my mom, but she was there and I miss her so much already!
Izzie really took a liking to Jon this visit- he's her Uncle Johnny!
Our beautiful Izzie
Did you guys know Jon was a hair stylist on the side?
On our way home, we got to stop and see Katie and Shane and check in on our precious little Emma! She's grown so much already but I'm so thankful Katie is good about posting pictures because it wasn't quite as much of a shock! It was so good to see them and to see how their little family has changed and grown.
Uncle Johnny, Aunt Heather, and Emma Eloise
Us spoiling her!
Me, Emma and Mom- you would never know she just had a baby!! Kate you look so good- you must share your secret when my time comes!!
The happy family
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and for checking in with us. We feel such a peace after this weekend. Thanks to mom, Holly, and Iz for coming to visit us. We miss you guys and love you! We hope everyone else had a great weekend as well.
J&H

1 comment:
We loved seeing you guys this weekend! I seriously don't think I could go thru life without you guys!
love you and miss you!
kt
Post a Comment