There has been so much going on around here I am surprised I am actually getting this done. The biggest news is that we are blessed to have a new temp family member with us right now!! Joshua came to us this past Sunday as his mom made a really selfless choice to get some help with her kids while she gets some things figured out. Josh is really sweet and doing really well. It has been so fun to have him around and to share God's love with him! We won't be posting any pictures on here of Joshua, but we'd love for you to meet him! Please pray for him, his mom and us as we attempt to be the best temporary parents we can be!
This past weekend, we took at much needed trip to see the Hubers, who are always a breath of fresh air to us!! We had such a fun time and the kids play so well together! Saturday was Andy's bday, so we got to celebrate that together. It was a beautiful weekend, so we even got outside on Saturday.
A Bible story before bedtime
The Mischievous Three
Saturday morning we met Andy at work and swam for a bit. This is the campus where he goes to seminary. I think it is so pretty!
This was Nolan's second swim ever. It was so fun to see his reaction! By the end of it, he was really enjoying himself!
Joni's a pro!
And Hadley is a little fish!
O I love this boy!
After swimming we took a picnic lunch to the park. It was beautiful and so fun to get out!
Thanks for the yummy lunch guys!
He's up to something...
Best Buds!
Everyone was so tired by the end of our park time. Megan and I and all the kids took a great nap that afternoon and Andy and Jon played the Wii. It was perfect!
This is the sweet lion that Megan made for Nolan. It's so soft!
That night we went to Grisantes for a yummy yummy dinner!! Then we had a delicious cake made by Megan. You're so good Meg!
It was such a good weekend!
Here are a few pictures of Nolan during the week is his favorite outfit with his favorite food right now.... nakedness and butter and jelly on bread! :) What a mess!!
What a look!!
That's our boy!!
Today we had Nolan's dedication at church. It was very special and we had several family members and friends there to celebrate with us and witness our public profession to raise Nolan in a home that teaches God's principles and lives for His glory all day, everyday. He was so good. It was also so neat because we got to take Josh and this was the first time he'd ever been to church. He went to his own class and loved it!! Jon and I were both so emotional- just feeling blessed!
Getting ready for the service...
We had a bunch of people over for a BBQ after the service. It was soo good to have everyone there.
Our little family!
I must say- motherhood is different than what I thought it would be. At times, a lot harder! But all times- an unbelievable, precious, opportunity to pour yourself into the blessing of a little life. I am eternally grateful for the amazing family God has given me. I love each and every one of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment