Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Halloween Treat

Meet the fierce and fiery
NOLAN THE DRAGON!!

We had the cutest little green dragon in our arms this Halloween weekend and love this time of the year all the more now! It is so fun to experience holidays and events with Nolan in our life. Here's a glimpse of the Halloween weekend:

Getting ready to carve.... there's that smile again!
Helping Daddy carve- he looks pretty focused!

And letting him get into a bit of mess!

Momma carving her pumpkin
He looks so in to it!
Two of a kind
This is the best load of laundry I've ever done!
Sunday- Grandma and Grandpa Hughes came by to see the dragon:


Halloween evening we had several friends over to help us hand out candy and fellowship with us over a yummy dinner! Here are some of the kiddos:

Aleah and Nolan
Dad dressing Nolan as a dragon with a fro
His face says it all!
And the youngest little trick or treater- Miss Stella Bear
Here's a few shots of our pumpkins



And the house all decked out
It was a great weekend!

In other news- Nolan is one big boy these days! We finally bit the bullet and made Nolan cry it out in his crib. Jon and I were struggling to get 3 hours a night b/c he was waking up so much and that is just not healthy for anyone! On the third night he made it all night without waking up. I wish I could say that we slept as well.... but we kept checking.... wondering if he was okay! :) We will get there!

Jon is staying a healthy busy at work and still enjoying his group and the job itself. If only there were a train that could zoom him home as soon as he was done! That additional 30-45 min drive home gets so old for him!

I continue to constantly find myself busy as a bee. Tonight I was grumbling in my mind about how ridiculous it was that I had just finished cleaning up dinner I had made and I was already chopping veggies and preparing for dinner the next night.... when... I heard a scream! Jon was up giving Nolan a bath, so I stopped my chopping and listened again... another scream. Just as I set my knife down and decided to run up and make sure everything was okay, I heard Jon laugh. Nolan then let out another yelp and giggle and my heart just melted. There is nothing sweeter than hearing those two playing together. And- there's no one else I'd rather chop veggies for either- even if it was 10 min after eating the most recent meal I had made! :)

Lots of love from the green dragon and his mom and dad!

1 comment:

Andy and Megan said...

Looks like we had the same pumpkin carving theme in mind:) Your little dragon is a cutey! See you guys soon!