As I went to put this post together, I was amazed at how much time had passed since my last post- I feel like Halloween was just last weekend! Time flies when you're having fun- or when you don't have time to look at the clock! :)
Nolan William is 5 months old today!! Crazy!! He is not a baby anymore! He is a budding little guy who is full of smiles, loves his toes, refuses to roll over, loves cereal, loves his mommy and daddy, and brings us unmeasurable amounts of joy!
I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I feel to get to stay home with Nolan and just be a part of every hour of his day. I love doing the simple things of life with him and he loves being right there in my arms as we do it! I also love dressing him up and he lets me! :)
A few weekends ago, we were able to schedule a couples date night with some dear friends of ours. It was a great night out! The funny thing was that we all needed the break from our kiddos but all we talked about was our kiddos! :) We ate at Maggionos, which was delicious! Such a treat!
That same weekend was Weekend of Service at our church. It is such an awesome weekend! Our church does not have services, and instead, the congregation is out in the community serving. They had over 3800 volunteers and over 125 different projects you could sign up for. It is such a neat witnessing tool to the people of Indianapolis and always has a humbling effect on Jon and I. This year we signed up to deliver meals for Meals of Wheels. We got there too late to get a meal route, so instead, we helped in the office by packaging dog and cat food. Unfortunately, a lot of the people they serve can't afford and cannot get out to buy food for their pets, so instead, they give their food to the animals and go without. SO- they've started this as part of their ministry. It was actually perfect since we had Nolan and he didn't have to get out in the cold!
Jon and Nolan working hard
Nolan checkn out his new shoes
Later that day, we had a great visit from our aunt and cousins on Jon's side from Merrilville, Indiana. They stayed over night with us and we had fun watching movies, playing the Wii, and just hanging out!
Nolan in his Colts getup
His bath time is one of our favorite times of the day.... HIS TOO!
This is how I found Miloh one day this past week!
Every night after bath, Nolan and dad have story time. It's precious!
This past Saturday, we met Andy and Megan Huber in Cincinnati to visit the Creation Museum! We had been wanting to go for a long time, so we were happy this finally worked out! Nolan was so good and even seemed to really enjoy looking at everything.
The museum itself is really cool. They've made it appropriate for almost all ages and they have some really neat stuff. Jon and I both agreed that we would have liked to have seen a bit more info about the science behind Creation but they did an awesome job of presenting the Gospel throughout the museum. It was somewhat pricey as well, but we're glad we did it!
Darn red eyes- what a cute picture!
Nolan in the Garden of Eden
Scary!
This was Jon's favorite part....NOT! He hates snakes and the guy kept telling Jon he could hold it! :) Andy and Hadley did!!
They also had a fun petting zoo on the grounds and Nolan kinda liked that. I think he's about ready for his first visit to the zoo!
Hadley checking out the zebra
Joni giving an adorable smile!
Excuse my drool- I'm teething!
They also had this cool bridge that really got you moving! It was hilarious b/c it was extremely hard to keep your balance. We got a good laugh!
The Hubers
The Hugheses
And a final shot of our LOVE!
Well, we're off to bed! Before we know it- it will be time for a Thanksgiving post!!

1 comment:
We are so excited for New Years too! What a great idea! We did have a blast with you and always look forward to our time together!
Post a Comment