Sorry Sorry Sorry. I know I've not been very good about posting lately. I'm in some sort of blog funk right now. No excuses but that. Several things have happened though since the last blog. I'm going to start with the most recent and work backward..... cause that's the way the pics uploaded!
First and most important....... JON PASSED THE BAR!!! We received the results this past Friday morning and couldn't keep the smiles off our faces all day long!! I am so proud of Jon. Most of all, we feel blessed by God's work in Jon and brining him through this trial and clarifying in one more way the fact that He has a plan for Jon!! Congrats to all our friends who check this who passed as well!!
My mom and Izabel came down that Friday evening to spend the weekend with us. My mom treated us to a delicious dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate. We had such a relaxing weekend and we had a fun time together. Here's some pictures from the weekend:
Izzie, reading her new book while playing school.... of course she was the teacher!
We played guitar hero both nights and laughed and laughed at each other!
Izabel got a Bright Lite to play with at our apt. I forgot how mindlessly fun those things are!!
The weekend before, we took a great trip to Laramie!! We had such a fun and encouraging weekend seeing our friends, going to a UW football game, and going to LVC (our church in Laramie). We stayed with our friends Tom and Jo Watson and their adorable little girl Sarah. They were so kind to us and filled us with delicious home made food and fellowship! UW won the game and we got to see some friends that we were not expecting to see. So overall, it was such a great weekend!! It was so good to see you all!
And the weekend before that, we decided to make a surprise trip home. My parents had been so willing to come here the previous weekends that we decided to make a quick surprise trip home. We left right after work on Friday and made it just in time to catch them on their way home from supper. Everyone was happily surprised and we had a great time. We only got to stay for the day on Saturday but it was worth it!
We went down to the Rendezvous, which is a yearly event in Ogallala. We had some yummy food and just hung out:
Izzie, the brave one, attempted to climb the climbing wall
As you can see.... we are taking full advantage of our time with this side of the family. I forgot to mention that we've even had a few visitors here. Our friend from UW Dave Willms came and spent time with us at dinner one evening. It was great to catch up with him and then we got to see him and his wife and little girl Ella the next weekend. Also, my aunt and uncle came and took us to a great dinner while they were in town for a conference. It was so good to visit with them- it had been waaaaay too long!
I think we're finally taking a weekend off this week. No plans to do much but watch movies and be together. Well, I think that sums up all the things I've not posted on. If you were able to make it through to the end of this blog....thanks....you really do love us!! :)
Love- J&H

1 comment:
Congratulations to Jon! I have been thinking of you guys. Glad to hear how you are doing.
Post a Comment