Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quarter of Century

We celebrated my birthday yesterday- I'm officially a quarter of a century now! It was a great day besides not getting to see so much of my family and friends, but I'm so thankful to have the ones I did. The only bad part of my bday was that I had to go to the doctor! Not fair! I even had to have blood drawn..... so of course, I had to milk it for all it was worth! When Jon got home from school, I had made a makeshift sling out of panty hose and was acting like I wasn't feeling well. HA! He just laughed at me! :)

My birthday present was supposed to be the trip to New York, so when he brought home a few presents I was really surprised. The first was this...... "Australia" from Redbox. Ha! He even took the time to wrap it! :)
The old lady!
We met Jon's parents for dinner at the Cheesecake Factor (a yearly tradition). His parents treated me to a day of shopping with Jon's mom! Always fun! Then, Jon pulled out my next present. It was shaped like a box of underwear (ha), then I saw a picture of a guy in a running suit, so I thought he got me a work out shirt. Then I realized.... o..... it's a holder for an I-pod when you run. I needed this for the I-Pod I had since I dropped it last week on the treadmill and it hadn't been working the same since. I still wasn't getting it...... so Jon says "I don't think yours will fit in there though".... and pulls out a gift from his pocket. (It was about as romantic as a diamond ring!). HE GOT ME AN I-TOUCH!! It is soooo cool! Of course the rest of the night consisted of an I-Touch seminar for me (ha) but I absolutely LOVE it! He is too good to me!


What a blessing this day and year has been!!

2 comments:

kt said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Drive safe!
love ya, kt

Andy and Megan said...

Sorry I missed the big day. For some reason I had the 19th in the my head. Happy Birthday anyways!