Sunday, November 16, 2008

6 Weeks

Some of you will hate this post, and if you're not in the mood to see anything about Christmas yet- DO NOT READ. 

We've had a busy past few weekends doing things around the house, doing homework, and being out and about. We're going to have a Christmas/Housewarming party the first weekend in December, so we're finally making ourselves do the last few things we wanted to get done around here..... and..... it gave us a reason to start decorating for Christmas!!

First, Jon's mom was so kind as to come and take a Christmas photo for us... here's some that didn't make the cut:


This was a close second (below)



We got our first Christmas tree as a gift last weekend and we just couldn't stand to leave it in the box! So.... it's up.... yes last weekend! :) 
I think this is a great look


Ta Da
The mini tree we had at the apartment- we couldn't part with it just yet
Our nativity that we love!

And our other project of the weekend- painting the guest room
Miloh was so tired trying to keep up with us- we can't be out of his site so he gets pretty exaughisted running between rooms seeing what we're doing
We also had the pleasure of babysitting our friend's little boy Aiden. He is such an easy, fun, little guy and he was pretty cuddly too!

We had a great weekend b/c of the fun stuff we got to do, but even more... we had a deep weekend. Our current study at church is called "Shake the System- Being Brave Not Safe." We are talking about God's will for us in regards to social injustice. We have had some really powerful speakers come in who's lives are definitely not safe! It has been so encouraging as well as scary to feel God nudging us about the "safe" parts of our life that may not be in line with His will. Please pray that we would not become numb to His urgings through out our week. We pray the same for all of you.

Love,

J&H

5 comments:

kt said...

Great pics! The house looks very festive! Your Nativity scene looks so beautiful above your fireplace! Its the perfect spot for it! I guess I better get started on my Christmas shopping...it will be here before we know it!
love ya,
kt

Lee Ann said...

I love the pics. I don't know if you remember me or us at all. I go to LVC and don't think we were ever introduced. But I thought I would let you know we put up our Christmas tree last weekend too. We just bought our first good sized tree and I couldn't wait any longer. :) Have a great Christmas!

Krismisstree said...

Wow, I am majorly impressed with your Christmas tree decorating. Stores could hire you to stage their Christmas decorations!! nice work :)

Miss you guys!

Hughes' said...

HI Leann,

Yes Jon and I remember you and Michael very well. From small group praying during your miserable days of pregnancy with Joshua. I'm so glad to hear I am not the only one that gets so excited about Christmas stuff! :) Thanks for your comment and now I can add your blog to the list. So excited to be able to keep up. Have a good week!

Andy and Megan said...

You guys are so funny. Andy refuses to let me put up Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving, but YOU totally got me in the mood! You look great and can't wait to see you!