Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mini Marathon

On Saturday, a friend from our small group and I participated in the Indianapolis Mini Marathon! I had always wanted to do something like this but never thought I could. Jessica has walked in the mini 4 times now, so she encouraged me to try it and it was awesome. It was so cool to be apart of something so big and feel like I was doing something good for the community and for myself. Over 35,000 people ran/walked. We have been training for the past 2 months, but it was still very difficult and we didn't even run it! It was a really cool way to see parts of the city, and there were bands and different types of entertainment all along the 13 miles. Unfortunately, Jon didn't see me at the finish line, so he wasn't able to get a pic of us actually being apart of the race, but here are some pics from afterward:


Me and my medal
Jon met me after the race-- the best part is going through the free food line after you've completed the race!

This is Jessica who I walked with.

Needless to say, I'm a bit sore today but all in all very glad to participate. Jon even said he wants to do it next year!! Unfortunately, it falls during finals for him so it may be 2 years, but I'm just glad he wants to do it at all. Please continue to pray for him and his tests. His last final is Wednesday (an 8 hour tax exam). We miss you and love you!!

Jon and Heather

No comments: