Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to Nebraska

It had been well over a year since I had been home to Nebraska, but Nolan and I made the trip this past week. It was great! Jon was in Haiti for a week, and I knew it would not be good for me to be home, in my normal routine, missing him like crazy! It was a great getaway for that reason too! However, our camera went with him, so thankfully, my mom and dad snapped a few pictures from our trip home. Enjoy!

Nolan and I drove the 6 hour trip to Muscatine, Iowa where we stayed with Katie and Shane and then Katie and the girls drove the rest of the way home with us. It took us about 12 hours, but overall, the kids were great and the time with Katie was precious!

It was sooooo fun to see my family react to the little boy Nolan has turned in to. I know he stole their hearts and he is missing them too! And Izabel and Nolan have the sweetest relationship and were pretty much inseparable.

My great Grandpa also fell in love with Nolan! Nolan gave him lots of hugs and now knows just where he keeps his cookies! :)
The dynamic duo!! A nightly event!
So sweet!
Nolan loved Izabel's karaoke machine. He would just kinda moan into it- but it was very sweet! :)

On Friday my mom took me to see their new house. The are completely renovating a new house next to the salebarn that they will move in to soon. It was great to be able to actually see what I have been hearing about. It's great and I am excited for their adventure!!

On Saturday, we made a quick trip to North Platte to see my aunt and uncle, cousin and second cousins! It had been waaay too long! We had a nice lunch and then a great visit all afternoon. It was so nice to not feel rushed!
Sunday we went to church and then had my aunt and uncle and cousin from my dad's side for lunch. It was soo good to see them as well. Nolan loved Sunday because everyone was home all day- especially Papa the cowboy. He loved wearing hats with him!
Helping Grandma

Ready to eat!!
That afternoon, Nolan had his first up and close encounter with a horse. He can still tell you the horses name- Pepper. He loved it but wasn't too sure about actually riding it! :)




Then he discovered all the dirt and mud puddles and thought that was fun too!

Papa's boots
The rest of the week we just spend time together! I got to catch up with several friends from home, eat at my favorite places, and love on my family. The kids LOVED being outside riding bikes and playing ball. I certainly got my exercise!
Nolan made himself right at home
This particular day we had stripped his clothes for lunch and he wanted to keep his shoes and socks on. I'm pretty sure he even fell asleep like this for nap.
He loves his grandma!
And his Papa and Izabel!


Thank you Mom and Dad for a great week at home!!

Jon made it back safely as well and I am so anxious to get through all of his pictures and get them on here. They are so great!! He summed up the entire event as life changing- he'll never be the same. I'd say God was moving!

No comments: