Last weekend my parents came to visit since I got a "NO" on travel from the doc last week. I was so thankful they could come b/c we hadn't seen them for several weeks and we wanted to take a weekend to celebrate my bday. They came up Friday evening and we had a great weekend.
Friday night we went to Olive Garden (thanks Kate!) to celebrate. We had a great time and great meal- just what I had been craving!
My mom had made my favorite cake for dessert and Izzie helped put on the candles.
I was spoiled this year! Jon's parents sent me shopping money and treated me to a much needed massage this week. LOVED IT! Jon was so sweet and took me to dinner the night of my bday and then surprised me with a new Bose docking system for my I-Touch and some $ for downloading more music. I can't wait to get good use out of this- I already have anytime Im in the kitchen or cleaning. My friend Katie sent me a cute cute shirt from maternity and then a gift card to Olive Garden as well as a new stock of summer maternity clothes she is letting me borrow. Just what I needed! Finally, my parents spoiled me with shopping $ and a Wii fit. We had quite a laugh with it this weekend!
Saturday morning we decided to be lazy and take advantage of some of the amenities at our club house. We played pool and ping pong and then took a dip in the hot tub (well everyone but me!)
The Wii Fit:
We also did some shopping this weekend. I'll start this by sharing quickly about what happened last week with baby for those of you who haven't heard the story. Basically baby decided to change positions on us which meant dropping low into my pelvis. I knew something wasn't right after numerous signs so I headed to the clinic. My doctor could feel baby's head when she checked me and my cervix was much shorter than they wanted to see. So- they put me on modified bed rest (no pushing patients in wheelchairs, lifting, etc) and put me on travel restriction. We had an appt yesterday and things are MUCH better and my cervix actually lengthened, so she was happy with this and said we could make the trip to Indiana for my shower next weekend. HOORAY! So- the point of this story was that- it kinda put things in prospective and prompted us to get starting with buying some baby things. Here is our first major purchase- many more of these to come!!
Sunday my parents and Izzie decorated onsies for baby. Grandma and Grandpa Hughes will get to do theirs next weekend!
And- last but not least, belly pic at 27 weeks 6 days.
Hello third trimester!!

4 comments:
thanks for the update! sounds like you were spoiled for your b-day! and the belly looks adorable!
love ya guys,
kt
Looking beautiful Heather! And happy birthday!
Thanks for the update! Keep that baby in there ;) Enjoy the perks of modified bedrest :)
You are doing great! Hang in there. I am looking forward to seeing you at the shower soon.
Looking good and Happy Birthday! We are praying for you and your little one - it won't be too much longer! : )
Post a Comment